Terms & Conditions
Holiday Booking Terms and Conditions
- If the reservation has not been confirmed with a credit card immediately, the deposit is payable within five days from the date of the booking into our bank account. If the deposit is not paid within five days from the date of booking the reservation will lapse.
- The balance of the rental is due and payable no later than 30 calendar days before the commencement of the Reservation and if the balance of the rental is not paid within this time period, the booking will lapse and the deposit will be forfeited.
- Payment can be made via VISA or MASTERCARD which incurs a 1.95% surcharge, direct deposit to Dodd and Page Trust Account BSB: 105-026 Account number 056676040 using your reservation number and last name as a reference or via cheque or money order payable to Dodd and Page Trust Account and posted to PO Box 3 Port Elliot SA 5212.
- Personal cheques will not be accepted within 30 days prior to arrival.
- Keys will not be given out unless full payment has been made.
- Tariffs quoted are correct at time of printing and are subject to change without notice.
- A $40 nonrefundable booking fee applies to new reservations.
- A Departure Guarantee must be paid by the Guest to the Agent or provided by way of credit card details.
- All credit card details will be destroyed after final inspection of the property, if no claims are to be made.
- Dodd and Page reserves the right to make claims on the Departure Guarantee if the Terms and Conditions are not met, resulting in loss, extra cleaning, damage, expense of inconvenience.
- Upon departure a professional assessment of the property will be made prior to releasing the Departure Guarantee. Refund of the Departure Guarantee will occur within 14 days of your date of departure. Payments made via credit card will be released back to your Financial Institution. For all other payment a cheque will be posted to you.
- If you lose or misplace your Departure Guarantee cheque reissuing of the cheque will incur a replacement fee of up to $50.
- Unclaimed Departure Guarantees in excess of 12 months from the date of issue will be forfeited in full to Dodd and Page.
- The property is let for holiday accommodation purposes only and are not to be used for any other purpose including but not limited to commercial purposes, receptions or parties.
- Not to use the property, or cause or permit the property to be used for any illegal purpose.
- Not to smoke or allow smoking to occur within the property. Guests must discard cigarette butts into a rubbish bag and then the rubbish bins.
- All guests must conduct themselves in a proper manner so as not to cause a nuisance, including excessive noise, or interfere with the use or enjoyment of the property for other occupiers or neighbouring properties. Unruly, loud or offensive behavior will not be tolerated. If complaints are received this may result in termination of the booking and loss of unused balance of accommodation.
- No more than the registered number of guests is to occupy the property, as each holiday property is equipped for a specific number of guests. It is against SA Department of Health regulations for more persons to occupy a property than there are beds to accommodate them. No extra mattresses are to be brought onto the property. If the property is reported to be overloaded, the booking will be terminated and guests will be asked to vacate, with no refund made.
- Strictly no tents or caravans are permitted on the property.
- Not to bring any pets within the property (unless otherwise agreed in writing prior to the commencement of Tenancy).
- It is the guests responsibility to maintain the cleanliness of the property during the lease period.
- All guests are responsible for keeping the property secure during their stay and will be responsible for any theft or damage due to neglect in this area.
- To accept full responsibility for any breakages, loss or damage caused to the property and/or its contents directly or indirectly caused by the guest, or by another occupant or any other person invited on or in the property by the guest during the tenancy and agrees to authorise Dodd and Page to pay for any such breakages, loss, damage and all forms of cleaning (including but not limited to rubbish removal) of the property by deduction of the applicable amount from the Departure Guarantee to a maximum of $1,000. Where the Departure Guarantee is not sufficient to cover the cost of the payment required the guest agrees to pay the balance of the payment within seven days of being notified in writing of the payment required by Dodd and Page.
- The property is furnished to the owners taste and style and Dodd and Page accepts no responsibility for any unmet expectations of the guest in respect of any design, quality or other aspect of the property.
- To be responsible to Dodd and Page and the owner of the property for any act or omission by any person the guest allows on the property who breaches any term or condition contained in this agreement.
- Departing guests must leave the property clean and tidy. This includes washing, drying and putting away all dishes, emptying the dishwasher, emptying and cleaning of the refrigerator, oven/griller and microwave, cleaning of the barbecue, leaving the beds neatly folded back, turning off all the lights and cooling/heating appliances. If the dishes are not washed, dried and put away, the dishwasher not emptied and/or the barbecue has not been cleaned an automatic bond deduction applies of $45 per job to be completed.
Rubbish bin collection - Victor Harbor Council area, weekly for general waste (blue topped bin) and monthly for recycling (yellow topped bins) on Tuesday mornings. Alexandrina Council area - fortnightly for both general waste and recycling on Wednesday mornings. On departure please remove the rubbish from these bins. A skip bin is provided at the rear of the office (51 The Strand, Port Elliot) for holiday guest use during business hours only. A rubbish removal fee of $60.00 per bin applies if the bins are not emptied on departure.
The guest agrees to let, use and occupy the property and its contents at his or her own risk and hereby releases to the maximum extent permitted by law the Agent and the owner of the property from any injury, liability, debt, loss, cost, delay, expense however arising in the connection with the letting, use and occupancy of the property including by breach of contract, duty or statue. Further the Guest shall indemnify the agent and the owner of the property against any claims made by any other person or entity in relation to the use and occupancy of the property.
- That Clause 3 Guest Responsibilities is an essential term of this agreement if the guest commits, causes of otherwise permits a breach of this Clause 3 during the tenancy, Dodd and Page is authorised to immediately terminate the tenancy and to retain all monies paid by the guest under this Agreement.
- Guests may cancel their unpaid booking or change their reservation at any time for $25 which will be debited from your credit card that is supplied at the time of booking.
- All bookings are made in good faith by Dodd and Page however bookings may be subject to change or cancellation by the owner of the property prior to the commencement of the Reservation.
- In the event that a booking is to be changed or cancelled for whatever reason, Dodd and Page will attempt to notify the guest as soon as possible and will use reasonable endeavors to arrange alternative accommodation or alternative booking dates for the guest to let the premises.
- If alternative holiday accommodation or alternative dates cannot be arranged any monies paid by the guest will be refunded and no other claim, right, action or demand shall exist in, or be made by either party.
- All cancellations by the guest must be communicated in writing to Dodd and Page via email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the commencement of the Reservation.
- If a cancellation is made by the guest prior to the commencement of the Reservation and the property is re-let for the same period of the Reservation, Dodd and Page will refund all monies paid by the guest minus an administration fee of $120.
- If the property is not re-let for the same period of the reservation Dodd and Page will retain all monies paid.
- No refund is made on the unused portion of rent, if guests vacate the property prior to their confirmed departure date.
Arrival and Departure Times
- Arrival time is from 2pm on the day of arrival and departure time is strictly 10am on the date of departure. A late departure fee of 50% of the equivalent of the Departure Guarantee will apply guests who do not vacate by the booked departure time.
- Only one set of keys will be provided to the guest.
- If you use all of the hot water during the day it will need to re-heat overnight. Constant hot water supply is not available. If a plumber is sent and the meter box has not been checked payment of this account will be deducted from your Departure Guarantee.
- On departure the keys must be returned to our office. For after hours departures, a key slot is located next to our office door, 51 The Strand, Port Elliot.
- Linen must be used on all beds.
- All properties are fully self-contained. LINEN (sheets, pillow cases, towels and tea towels) IS NOT INCLUDED unless otherwise stated in the property description.
- Linen hire can be arranged prior to arrival with our office via phone 8554 2029 or email; email@example.com for $35 per set.
- If linen is provided at the property, the beds must be stripped and the dirty linen left at the end of the bed upon departure.
- If linen has been hired all the linen needs to be placed in the bag provided and left outside the holiday premises for collection by Victor Linen service.
- Pets are not permitted at the property unless the property is designated ‘Pet Friendly’ in the property description. Pets must be kept outside at all times.
- Upon departure of these properties all pet droppings must be removed and disposed of properly.
- Any damage as a result of your pet being at the property will be automatically deducted from your Departure Guarantee.
- Any pest control required as a result of a pet being inside and/or at the property will be charged to the guest.
- If a pet that has not been approved is reported to be on or in the property an automatic Departure Guarantee deduction of $150 applies and your tenancy will be terminated with no refund made.
Faults or Problems
- All holiday properties under Dodd and Page management are privately owned and are rented on a fully self-contained basis. In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions, there is no obligation from the owner or Dodd and Page to compensate or discount.
- Dodd and Page will accept no responsibility for any inconvenience with machinery breakdown. The agent’s best endeavors to repair, replace or hire an alternative will be undertaken.
- Should a tradesperson be sent out at a guests request to carry out a repair that was unnecessary, the cost for the callout will be at the guests expense.
- Guests must inform our office immediately any damage or breakage to the property and its contents by phoning our 24 hour emergency number 8554 2029.
- Guests must inform our office immediately upon arrival if the property is not clean otherwise they are deemed to have accepted the property in the condition of arrival on our 24 hour emergency number 8554 2029. If a property is reported as dirty, Dodd and Page reserves the right to inspect and have the property cleaned as soon as possible.
- Left items – if requested we will endeavor to recover and return items inadvertently left in a holiday property, but we take no responsibility for the recovery or return of these items. Postage and the cost of sending a staff member to search for the item is at the guests expense. A minimum cost of $30 including GST applies. Left items will be held in our office for a maximum of three months and if not claimed will be donated to the local opportunity shop.
- Dodd and Page may inspect the property with reasonable notice and at any time or without notice if there is any belief that there has been a breach of these conditions.
- Dodd and Page has endeavored to maintain the accuracy and content with their websites. However from time to time aspects of the content may be out of date. Certain information is provided by others, including owners and for that we accept no responsibility for its accuracy.
- Dodd and Page acts as the letting agent on behalf of the owners and in accordance with owners instructions. Dodd and Page reserves the right to take appropriate remedial action and/or seek compensation for any serious beach of these conditions of letting.
- I am aware Dodd and Page will disclose my personal information in order to provide details to Landlord’s Insurance companies.
- Dodd and Page will not be held responsible if the property does not meet with your expectations after the booking has been confirmed.
Dodd and Page is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and on Saturday mornings during school holiday periods and long weekends.
Phone 8554 2029 after 5pm for emergencies only. Fax 8554 2993.