Skip to Content
Skip to Navigation
Getting Your Property Ready
- Finalise all accounts for power, telephone, Pay TV etc. SA Water accounts must remain in your name.
- Inform your insurance company that you will be renting out your premises. This may affect your policy and any future claims.
- Inform your Bank if you have a mortgage on the property. They will need your new details.
- Check you have working smoke alarms fitted to your property.
- Please make sure your property is cleaned thoroughly, both inside and out, including the windows and curtains.
- The higher the standard of cleanliness at the time of the ingoing inspection, the greater the chance of making the tenant maintain that cleanliness to a high level.
- All carpets should be professionally steam cleaned. We cannot legally compel a tenant to professionally steam clean carpets when they vacate a property, however they must leave them as they found them.
- Please ensure all grounds are neat and tidy. Lawns need to be mowed and edged, gardens weeded and all rubbish removed.
- Oil stains from driveway, carport and garage floors, if possible also should be removed,
- Arrange for a pest control company to conduct routine white ant inspection.
- You will need to supply Dodd & Page with three full sets of keys to all doors and locks.
- One set will be held in our office and one will be issued to the tenant.
- Please be sure to advise Dodd & Page of all contact phone numbers, email, forwarding addresses and any other change of details when they occur.